Initial Screening Consultation
Initial family consultations include a thorough review
of the school and personal history of the child,
Formal reports from:
Educators; Family Physicians; Neurologists;
Speech-Language Therapists; and Clinical Psychologists
as well as
anecdotal reports and observations from the family.
FREE initial screening tools are offered to the family, which include:
1) "D.D.T. - Dyslexia Determination Test" (ages 8-18)
2) "A.D.T. - Adult Dyslexia Test" (ages 18+)
3) "Dyslexia Test for First-Graders" (ages 6-7)
4) "Pre-Dyslexia Determination Test" (ages 4-5)
For an additional fee, a formal assessment can be completed:
5) "C.T.O.P.P -Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing".
These screening tools may determine the type and severity of challenges
experienced by a person with a dyslexic profile.
These screening tools cannot provide a formal diagnosis of dyslexia.
The medical diagnosis of dyslexia can only be made by a medical professional.